This blog post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a commission at no cost to you. Learn more.
Google Pay accepted for San Marcos Dog Walking & Pet Sitting Services
It has been coming for a while now but I am happy to announce I am moving away from checks and accepting electronic payments such as Google Wallet.
Update: As of January 2018, Google Wallet is now known as Google Pay or GPay
Why Google Wallet aka Google Pay?
So many people have a Google account so it seemed to make sense to use something people are already familiar with.
Do I see your banking info?
No, I don’t. I only get a message like this. —->
How to pay for pet care with Google Pay?
It is as simple as sending an email from your Gmail account or if your an app person you can send money that way too!
How to send payment via Gmail desktop
1) Open a new email on your desktop. *The phone app does NOT show the $ icon
2) In the subject line please include dog walking or pet sitting and the dates the payment covers
3) Insert my email address
4) Click the money icon located at the bottom of the email
5) In the body send us a brief note and click send
How to send payment via Google Pay (GPay) App
1) Open app on your phone
2) Enter the dollar amount and hit send
3) Enter my phone number
4) Confirm dollar amount and funding source (debit card, bank account or wallet balance)
5) Press send
If you need to cancel, you will have a few seconds to do so. Any unclaimed money will be returned in 14 days.
If you can’t figure it out or you can not a tech fan
If you want to skip all the above, send me a message and I can initiate the payment request.
Security of Google Pay
The following features have been put in place to ensure your safety:
– Encryption: instead of your actual card number being used, a virtual number is created to secure your information.
– Fraud Protection
– Your financial information is not shared with the payment recipient
– You can set a pin number
– Notifications can be set to alert you to any activity –I ❤ this feature
– Lose your phone? You can disable your wallet from the web and wipe all your information!